Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kalilangan 2011: an Experience

My contribution to the Kalilangan 2011 is the Logo designed by me and Ryan Olaybal-graphic designer, HTC..

 I became a member of an exclusive circle known as the Kalilangan 2011 Secretariat
Headed by MSU Chancellor,Atty Abdul Canacan and Madam Mimi Abiera-the Festival Director, Alma Aguja-Assistant Director & Events Over All In Charge, Mam Nora, Fwen Zita, Besfren Vasma, Sir Toto, Pretty Carla..
I was designated as Cultural Manager and spokesperson with all those interviews..


the usual ambush interviews together with the Festival Director, Madam Mimi Abiera

the most controversial poster design that clashed egos, pride, willpower...created disputes, arguments and tears...a test of utmost humility and understanding and flexibility and friendships...and a bitter lesson of the difference between working professionally versus working with friends...and often I go to the later...it also a clash between working personally versus a collective work-problem? whose given the proper credit...indeed a memorable poster and art experience...

the kalilangan experience for me was the most toughest, challenging, tiring, exhausting, energy sapping both mentally and physically in all my events combined, but it was also the largest source of learning for me and a test one's limitation in terms of thinking and beating the deadlines...it was scary and heart pounding...but surely it defined my self principle: the greatest measurement of one's life is not from position,fame,wealth,money,love,family-but one's ability to overcome every challenge that comes along...but my strength in this experience came from the members of the secretariat-Mam Mimi, Mam Nora, Carla,Zita, Vasma...and most especially to my best friend for life: Alma 'mamang'-our powerful tandem that made things possible...at first, working with MSU people is quiet intimidating and you will feel inferior, but when the time I began working with them they were supportive even with an extra doses of parental guidance and advises...so love them! but there are also with towering egos that working with them simply means a usual breakdown and meltdown...but they are still admirable to an extent! It not so easy to handle festival and this grandiose event with hundred events with in it to handle...but in totally, it is just a matter of flexibility, understanding and lots and lots of patience...the greatest virtue I understand...be tough sometimes, be compromising, be true, think fast, beat the deadlines, dont work with a big ego and always be humble all the time...all of these I had learned from the last Kalilangan Fest where I became part and parcel...I am so thankful for the Chancellor and Madam Mimi for the trusts like accepting and using the concept design I made, for writing articles for newspapers, for the interviews on their behalf, thank you po sa inyo! Mam Nora,for the advises, Carla for the food and sharing wanton moments...Charina fren for the close friendship, Zita for the true friendship..love you Zit..to my iyaan, Vasming..for the best moments and a real kamaganak..love you ya...and to my best friend. my wind beneath my arms and the one responsible why I am part of the festival...siya po ang may kasalanan,hahaha...maraming salamat kaibigan kung mahal...basta ikaw nandyan ako kahit anung mangyari!love you Alma mamang dear!!...Congratulations everyone, kudos for winning as the Best Tourism Event Cultural Category 2011..our efforts are rewarded and all the doubts around redeemed!